PXE error

captain birdseye 10:20 05 Aug 03

I have a Win 2k machine which slows down after a couple of hours and occasionally locks up with the following error message.....Client Mac Adr **** PXE-E53 No boot filename received. PXE-MOF Exiting Intel PXE-ROM Drive Not Ready - System Halted.
A hard reboot starts the sequence again ie from running ok to slowdown to lock up.
Is the hdd failing or should I be looking elsewhere for the problem. Any pointers before I start lashing out unnecessary money would be appreciated.

Thanks

Big Elf 10:29 05 Aug 03

A Google search using PXE-E53 suggests that it's a network problem, possibly configuration.

DieSse 10:33 05 Aug 03

I can't help much, but have a read of this, about boot-roms. click here

Is your system in a network, or was it in a network at some time?

captain birdseye 11:18 05 Aug 03

Hi Guys

Yes the machine is on a network and all other machines on the network are working fine. Because the machine starts off ok and gradually falls over the network configuration is presumably ok which made me think of hardware. Suppose the NIC could be failing as it gets hotter? What do you think?

Big Elf 11:48 05 Aug 03

I know next to nothing about networking and your overheating suggestion could be valid. However the manufacturer of the Network card may have a FAQ. I found this for LANDisk click here

Big Elf 11:49 05 Aug 03

LANDesk not LANDisk

Big Elf 11:50 05 Aug 03
  captain birdseye 12:27 05 Aug 03

Thanks for the links Big Elf....looks promising. I`ll reload all the network configurations in case one is corrupt as a starter and see where we go from there. Thanks for your help, I`ll leave the thread open and post back with a progress report. Cheers.

captain birdseye 09:50 19 Aug 03

This has taken a long time to resolve but finally got there. After swapping just about everything in turn it eventually turned out to be a problem with the motherboard. Thanks to all for your help.

CB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…