Puzzling speaker ploblem

Desperate-Dan 09:01 27 Aug 07

I bought some new Logitech speakers for a new build I've had them about 3 weeks everything was ok untill today the speakers are making a crackling noise not loud but I can hear it, when I scroll down a page I can hear it in the speakers, I've tried the speakers on my dell system and they work fine, I put the old speakers from the dell system on my new system and they work ok, the only thing I can think of is the new speakers have a normal 13 am plug where as my old dell speakers have AC adaptor, but as I say the new speakers work fine on my old system. any Idea

howard64 11:00 27 Aug 07

do you have a microphone connected? this could be a feedback problem that these speakers are a little bit more susceptible to. If so go to the sound settings and reduce the input volume and try to separate the speakers from the mic.

Desperate-Dan 11:08 27 Aug 07

No I don't have a mike connected, the puzzling thing is they work ok in my old system I'm going to try them again and see if its still the same

howard64 11:12 27 Aug 07

it is a sensitivity issue it is picking up something within your system which is producing a signal. Mute your line input setting.

Desperate-Dan 11:16 27 Aug 07

Its still the same, if I unplug the speaker jack and touch the end of it a noise comes through the speakers

howard64 17:25 27 Aug 07

did you mute line in? also mute mic and anything else you can apart from the one you need and just keep trying. The other thing is perhaps get the latest driver for your sound card

Desperate-Dan 18:47 27 Aug 07

thanks howard64 for your help, how do I mute the line in or the mike? I don't have a sound card I have onboard sound, I can't hear any sound if I turn down the speakers I mean the sound through the speakers when I scroll a page, its just when I turn up the volume

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now