puzzled re cdrw and cd rom

hatrickj 17:09 29 Jun 04

My new computer with XP Home OS and a Sony Como DVD Rom/CDRW has had to go back to solve problems including faulty RAM. I saved my files to the cd before its return. As I needed to view dats on the disks I set up my old pc with itswindows 98 and dvd rom. My problem is that although I know the files and folders are there and also do not occupy alll the free space on disk no icons appear and properties showa the disk as full (656MB used). Can anyone explain what is going on and if there is a way round the problem, including a way to xfr temporarily to the HDD as send to is not avialable either. Thanks.

siouxah1 19:20 29 Jun 04

Not sure which type of CD you are using. If CDRW do you have the packet writing software loaded on your old machine.

If CDR then I don't know, but this will put you to
the top again.

Regards Brian j

hatrickj 22:11 30 Jun 04

Thanks Brian. I installed it temporarily and was able to view the file with the info I needed. Getting the thing uninstalled was not easy as could not do it through Control Panel, Add Remove Progs as kept failing Error 2735 check OEM status. Had to remove bit by bit w ith result that Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD still shows on control panel even though it aint there! If any one knows answer to that, well...

hatrickj 15:25 30 Jul 04

Problem solved. It seem that. although the jpg files can be shown on the cptrt monitor, they have to be in mpg to be shown on dvd. Burning a disk using the approprite option in Pinnacle did the trick. Silly me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…