putting vinyl records onto my harddrive

musichead 15:48 03 Nov 03

I want to put some vinyle records onto my harddrive,but i dont no were to start.Do i need certain leads,and what software do i need.I have a dell demensions with biult in sound will i need a different sound card.Please help:).

toxin 16:15 03 Nov 03

Hi Musichead!

I've recently put my vynil & tape collection on to HDD & then to CDR; I used Audio Cleaning Lab 3 which comes supplied with the cable to connect your lineout from amp to linein of soundcard; cost about ?30 from Amazon I believe.

It will do all you need including cleaning up the scratches etc; with some experience you can even remove stubborn clicks manually.

Record the whole record, then highlight each track in the wave editor, and save to HDD.

Hope this helps, Toxin

Any probs call back & I'm sure someone can be of more help.

Stuartli 16:37 03 Nov 03

If you go to click here and then the Connected pages (you might have to register first), you'll find that in the Bootcamp features list there are at least two comprehensive articles on this subject.

Far more, in fact, than could be posted in this forum.

You'll also find hundreds of articles about a wide range of computer subjects and problem solving.

Stuartli 16:40 03 Nov 03

Audio filters are available in Nero if you use this particular burning program.

You may find 'RIP Vinyl' useful click here

and it's only about ?5.

huddy1710 22:33 03 Nov 03

the best program for putting vinyl on to your hdd is clean 4 plus from steinberg. it comes with a usb powered pre-amp and all the leads. plug in your turntable to the pre-amp and away u go

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…