Putting video files onto a DVD

Richardsreds 21:41 30 Sep 10

I realise that this is going to be a jaw droppingly easy question to answer for almost everyone but I have never done this and don't know how to do it.

I bought some blank DVDs today and want to put some video files onto them. A TV show for my girlfriend that I downloaded.

I don't know how to put them onto the DVD.

Is there a step by step guide on this site or can anyone talk me through it please?

Thanks

Richard

What Burning program are you using? Normally you just open the program then drag and drop the file that you want to burn into the open window then just burn it.

This burning Program is free if you don't already have one:

click here

Wrong link above - this is the correct one:

click here

Richardsreds 22:29 30 Sep 10

Cool, I just downloaded Nero Ultimate and it almost killed my PC. I assume Nero isn't meant to work on Windows 7.
Trying out that link now.

Richardsreds 22:38 30 Sep 10

The files I want to burn are .avi files how do i put these onto a cd using the "Ashampoo burning studio"?

For an updated FREE versin of Ashampoo burner use this click here

and enter this "Coupon Code" ASH.444LW1 to download.

Richardsreds 22:42 30 Sep 10

Thanks undyer

I have the software, I just don't know how to burn a .avi file onto a cd now. It doesn't seem to recognise avi files!

eedcam 22:44 30 Sep 10

all you need is dvd flick just add your files it will convert and author to dvd its free
click here

they will be burned as data files, only playable on a PC, if you want to watch thm on a DVD player you will have to convert them to .vob files (although some BluRay players will also play PC files.

Richardsreds 22:46 30 Sep 10

I realised I had to burn it as data rather than as a dvd.

Think the problem has sorted.

First time I done this in my life so sorry for being ignorant.

PC is burning the data right now, sounds like it's about to take off into outa space!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017