putting text on top of image in Net Objects

mco 15:10 28 Oct 05

I've put a gif cartoon image on a page of a site - the image has a speech bubble on it and I wanted to add text from the text box option in Page design in NOF. But when I do, that red exclamation mark comes up (presumably because it's overlapping the image) and then in preview mode the text is shoved right over the other side of the page , and not on top of the speech bubble. Any ideas to do what I want please? ( I know I could add the text to the bubble in the original cartoon image, but I want the ability to alter the words at a later date in NOF)

ade.h 21:37 28 Oct 05

Click on the image to bring up the image properties palette; then select the text tab (A). After you've added your text, you can fine tune its position to get it in the bubble with the settings at the bottom of the palette.

mco 23:00 28 Oct 05

of course! I never thought of that - I'd done that when adding text to shapes but hadn't thought of the same with images. I reckon I'll have to give you credit when this latest site is done!

ade.h 18:01 29 Oct 05

Hey, it's just nice to be able to answer a few questions in this forum. It shows that I've been paying attention!

Give it a few weeks of experimenting with NOF and I reckon you'll be answering my queries!

mco 18:29 29 Oct 05

..because a week or so ago I was thinking I'd never feel at ease with it, but now I'm beginning to feel happy I made the right decision ( and ditched dreamweaver - that can wait...)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…