Putting Picture in the Body of a e mail

johnoo 20:57 11 Dec 10

I use Yahoo mail and want to put a picture in the body of the mail rather than attach it.
How do i do this?
I have tried to copy/Paste but this does not seem to work

Simsy 21:10 11 Dec 10

It doesn't look like you can...

But what you can do is include a link to a picture that you have hosted somewhere on the internet...

And to do that you have to have "Rich text" mode, not "Plain text"...

see here;
click here

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

octal 21:11 11 Dec 10

I take it you are using the web mail? I checked my account and there doesn't appear to be a way of doing that, you can do it if you are using the POP3 on your email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

johnoo 21:29 11 Dec 10

Well thanks for the responses, at least I know I can't do it!

David4637 15:25 12 Dec 10

I have inserted an image in the text area of Outlook Express running XP. Sent and received OK. David

johnoo 15:41 12 Dec 10

David,
Are you going to tell us how you did it?
Also please note that I am using Yahoo mail and need a solution relative to this.

john bunyan 16:10 12 Dec 10

In Office Outlook you just press "Insert", "Picture" then select from your library. If you want to add it as a file you use the "Attach File" button.
Cant help with other mail programmes.

woodchip 16:33 12 Dec 10

You cannot do it, you mean like a web page

woodchip 16:35 12 Dec 10

Sorry think I can do it using Word Perfect to create a Mail and add a Picture as above. forgot about that route

David4637 10:16 13 Dec 10

It must be a saved *.jpg in the file size you want. If its a large file it will take a long time to send (I am on dial up). Find a menu which says Add a Picture, then browse to find the *.jpg then press OK and it will be inserted in the text area. I use Outlook Express6 (XP) but other email progs should have a similar option. David

Woolwell 10:44 13 Dec 10

johnoo is almost certainly using webmail and your solution will probably not work with yahoo webmail (see Simsy's link).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant