Putting a photo-slide and media player in2 website

belcanto 15:44 22 Oct 05

Hi there-can anyone tell me just how to incorporate both a sliding picture feature and also a media player (the latter for very short film clips). I want to add both of these to a website that I am building at the moment.

mco 18:44 22 Oct 05

Do you mean you mean you want a slide show on your website? If you want one to come up immediately there are several easy javascript ones that will do the trick (though not for me yet - another thread!) or else if you create a link to your slide show you can do it in Pclick here XP Powertoys and upload it to your site....
as for the media player, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean you want to put on a media player others can download in order to watch your short video clips? In which case, just add a link (with icon/logo) to windows media player/real player so they can download it from your site...or have I misunderstood you,sorry?

belcanto 15:14 23 Oct 05

Hi there thanks for the help so far-will give the photo slide idea a try soon. Regarding the media player,on it as well; many websites have a film clip section that people can access with options of both real player or wmp. I want to put both on the site, so that a visitor can just quickly click on a button for either player to come up. i hope that has explained things properly.

mco 16:47 23 Oct 05

then I would find the links to the media player and real player download pages on their respective sites - I would then put those as links on your page and I would copy their respective logos then arrange it such that by clicking on the Windows Media Player logo or the real player logo they are directed to the appropriate free download area.

PurplePenny 18:57 23 Oct 05

Do you mean that you want the clips themselves to have the option of either format?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…