Putting PDF files into office can it be done?

bof:) 22:38 12 Feb 05

Hi all,

Friend using Win ME, Office 2000.

They have a pdf image in 'My Pictures' that they wish to place in a document they are writing in Office.

They have tried to copy and paste but they do not get a copy option when they right click the pdf image.

So, is it possible to place a pdf image into a windows document if so how?

Many thanks,

Mike

PS I'm told there is a time limit on this so a quick answer is much appreciated.

VoG II 22:41 12 Feb 05

Use the picture select tool in Adobe Reader to select the picture. Press CTRL+C. Go to Word, CTRL+V

This won't work if the pdf file is protected.

octal 22:43 12 Feb 05

Its possible the PDF document has been locked. One way of doing it is to take a screen dump of the image, then cut and paste that to the word doc.

bof:) 22:53 12 Feb 05

Thanks VoG™ and octal. I've emailed your solutions to my friend and I'll say thankyou very much on their behalf. They need to do this for a university project.

Mike

Forum Editor 23:50 12 Feb 05

when you copy and paste a PDF into a Word doc is that you'll get an embedded link. Then, when you click on the link you'll get a dialogue box asking you if you want to open the object. Click 'yes' and the PDF will open in Acrobat reader - assuming the recipient computer has the reader installed.

As the others have said (and your friend has discovered) - you won't get the copy option if the PDF is a protected file.

bof:) 22:46 13 Feb 05

Thanks for the explanation FE its appreciated.

As I mentioned above I've emailed the help provided to my friends and have not heard from them today.

I'm assuming that the advice worked.

Thanks agin for your help,

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…