putting borders on pics

johnnyrocker 09:25 17 Apr 08

i have been sent a couple of pics which are to be part of a family history and they have asked if i could put a white border round the pics which at this time have none, i have irfanview and would ask if it is up to the job or do i need something else?

johnny

gazcoyle 09:45 17 Apr 08

Do you need a white border round the digital file or round a printed image

gazcoyle 09:48 17 Apr 08

if just on the digital file the easiest method is to create a new canvas say 10% bigger than the original file and copy paste the photo onto it

if on a printed photo then by default printers will print a border unless you select borderless

johnnyrocker 09:54 17 Apr 08

thanks for your pointers, i am not quite clear on your meaning, the pics are stand alone and have been scanned into the book but she has a pref for bordered.

johnny

hssutton 10:06 17 Apr 08

Easier than using copy paste is to go to go to "Image">>"Canvas Size" Then input the size and colour that you require, In your case white

hssutton 10:11 17 Apr 08

Forgot the other part of your question, I'm pretty sure that Irfanview is up to most photo editing jobs that you may want to perform, but there are others programs that I prefere, such as Photofiltre freeware or Serif which for the money as to be one of the better editing suites out there.

johnnyrocker 10:37 17 Apr 08

my thanks for the canvas tip that resolves it nicely.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…