putting a 718 mb xvid onto two cd's

devilsprofessor 20:10 21 Apr 03

I have a Xvid movie thats 718mb long i have 650 mb cd r discs now how do i cut them in two and put em on 2 cds and be able to play em one after the other as i watch the movie?

The PC Doctor 20:27 21 Apr 03

Firstly you will need the Xvid codec - If you can watch the movie on your PC then you've got it !

It really depends what you want to watch it on....

I use a combination of TMPGenc.exe and EO Video.exe converter programs do a search of the Internet to fond them -- you will have to experiment to find out which one is best for you.

I find that I use EO Video to convert to AVI then TMPGEnc to covert to MPEG format so I can then burn to VCD.

They both have an editing facility which will convert to file sizes of your choice - in this case split into two files....

ShorN 20:27 21 Apr 03

assuming that you want too do this to play on a dvd player? you will need to encode into vcd format, all the help you could need can be found at click here but provided your dvd player can play them i would convert to kvcd details at click here

However if you want to just cut them cos they dont fit on your cds but still want to play on pc, i would definatly recommend some 800mb cds, they are cheap as chips and you dont have to worry about cutting at all, but if you insist then try programs such as bbmpeg or vdub.

hope this helps!

Altair 20:28 21 Apr 03

Why not get yourself down to Staples and but some 700mb cdr's from TDK they are on offer at £9.99 for 20. I put 780 mb movies on them and no probs.

Murray 20:31 21 Apr 03

get a program called NeoDivX from

click here

It has all sorts of tools for playing around with files like this - you want the one called AVI Cutting - give it the file and how big you want to split the file into and it will cut it for you.

eg specify 400MB to fit it onto 2 650MB discs or 100MB to fit it onto (8) 100MB ZIP disks

Or suggest you purchase some 700MB CDr's. If you're serious you can get 500 for 14pence each at click here or dabs.com is probably better for less volumes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…