Put Windows_Explorer back in Accessories .....HOW?

Diemmess 17:17 20 Sep 07

A mighty conscience over giving dubiuos advice!

A member asked how to restore Windows Explorer to the desktop?
I gave well meant advice which effectively dragged WE from All Programs > Accesories.

It works and the member is delighted, but I did the same to my own XP system and cannot find out how to restore its place among the Accessories?

It is not a serious problem to me because I could without much fuss restore a recent full system backup, but I would like to offer the one I helped to have both alternative icons available for the future, and preferably before it becomes serious!
And it all happened because I forgot to hold down Control.

Technotiger 17:24 20 Sep 07

How about doing a Repair using your XP CD? Or perhaps a System Restore.

I once did a similar thing with Paint in accessories, fixed with a Repair as above.

Simsy 17:41 20 Sep 07

right click on "Accessories" in the program menu and one of the options is "Explore"
Choose this and you can drag/drop shortcuts to "Accessories". You can even create new folders there if you want to.

Regards,

Simsy

Diemmess 17:47 20 Sep 07

And thank you.

My aim wasn't that hot but at least it is back among the rest of the programs and there it can stay!

Diemmess 17:49 20 Sep 07

Thanks too Simsy.
That looks an interesting way, I'll fiddle with it at leisure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…