put a pci graphics card in gigabyte i1810 mboard

osofedupwivit 22:45 06 Jan 05

Hello
I have a GIGABYTE i1810 motherboard (GA 6WMM7)
and the games bought for my daughter wont work due to the old onboard graphics card.
As there is no AGP slot, can I put a PCI card in, and if so does anyone know what is the max capability it will take? The games are only kids ones (Barbie!)so I dont really need a gamers card as such, but we would obviously like to get the best out of the games.
I have searched loads of sites but no mention is made of actually upgrading the video.
Hope someone can help, she is driving me mad cos "Santa brought the wrong games!!!!"

osfuwi

josie mayhem 23:41 06 Jan 05

Yes if you've got a spare pci slot to put it in (3 slots is a bit tight) you would have to also disable the on-board graphic card via the bois settings.

Not being a game player myself, I'm not that up to date with what specs games need. But with a p11 processor then you might find that even with a new graphic cards will not recify the problems fully.

Also the memory would also effect how well a game will play.

sadly santa might have to make a emergencey earlier visit will a new computer or major up-grade?

osofedupwivit 23:47 06 Jan 05

Hello
Many thanks for that, I read it was a P111 processor?? Yes I know its old but it has been a good un, and am loathe to part with it really. Am putting extra memory in too so that may help, you reckon?
Will give it a go then!
osfuwi

gudgulf 00:11 07 Jan 05

You will probably find that there is no option in either BIOS or on the motherboard itself to disable the onboard graphics.I have one of these motherboards (In a Packard Bell computer) and when you put a pci graphics card in you will find it automatically defaults to it.Bear in mind that a pci card will not perform as well as it equivalent agp version but will be much better than the onboard graphics.On other thing concerning pci graphics cards is that they tend to be relatively expensive so hunt around for the best price... click here for an example.

Strawballs 00:52 07 Jan 05

I had a Gforce 2 MX 32meg PCI card in my last MoBo and it ran things like Max Payne ok and I had to dissable onboard via a jumper on the MoBo

Belatucadrus 01:00 07 Jan 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…