put music onto mp3

march 17:01 05 Jan 05

running wins98se, & I've downloaded audiograbber,

trying to copy cd music files to play on an mp3 but dont understand how to use audiograbber to do this been struggling along for a few days & getting no where, I can get wav.files but then get stuck when trying to transfer to mp3 player.

can anyone explain what I am doing wrong & what I need to do please?

THE TERMINATOR 17:07 05 Jan 05

Get this oneclick here and rip your cd's, it is easy to use and is free....TT

march 17:34 05 Jan 05

thanks TT but I'd like to find what it is I'm doing wrong on audiograbber first before I try another program

Ivor_Monkey 17:34 05 Jan 05

I've jsut looked at audiograbber and you need to download another file. It only takes a second or so and then you have more control over MP3, including increasing the bitrate to high numbers.

Audiograbber says (amongst other things) the following -

Internal encoders
Audiograbber does not come with any MP3 encoder of its own but it can use some other encoders. It is recommended that you download and install LAME's freeware MP3 encoder dll and use that one with Audiograbber. LAME is fast and gives very good sounding MP3 files.
Download LAME's MP3 dll from click here or click here. Unzip the lame_enc.dll to the same directory as audiograbber.exe and you will have an internal MP3 encoder that goes all the way up to 320 Kbit/s in Audiograbber.

LAME's official homepage is at click here

alB 18:02 05 Jan 05

Go to Audiograbbers website click here and click on the "Guide For Newbies" that will take you through the whole process from start to finish ...alB

march 19:39 05 Jan 05

I have downloaded the lame_enc.dll file & put it in the audiograbber folder but cannot seem to get it to unzip, using zipcentral, can anyone please talk me through it?

wjrt 19:59 05 Jan 05

windows media player version 9 at least download and use this

march 20:11 05 Jan 05

do you mean use media player with audiograbber or can it be use alone?

march 20:24 05 Jan 05

had a look at the site TT said for FreeRip but worried about this;
'This free audio ripper makes a nice choice so long as you're careful during installation. FreeRip comes bundled with adware'

anyone recommend other free sites?

all I want to do is put cd music onto an mp3 player for the kids (they said its easy; wished I'd never said I'd try to do it for them! silly old me)so I need something really easy to understand if poss without having to download other files etc.

JoeC 20:27 05 Jan 05

MP3 for Media player

click here

Download the

fichier ra-codec12.zip (883 kb)

and double click

to get MP3 capablities in WMP.

Also, on the same page download the

file to edit the registry for you

wjrt 20:35 05 Jan 05

media player version 9 will do it all ie gat the music from the cd and then send to mp3 player

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…