Purple line on monitor

Pine Man 08:58 31 Dec 10
Answered

I have a HP VS19 LCD monitor and a purple line has appeared from top to bottom about one inch in from the right hand side.

It is there as soon as you switch the PC on and I have tried reinstalling the nVidia drivers for the 7600GT card but no change.

mgmcc 09:17 31 Dec 10
Answer

It sounds as though a complete column of pixels has failed.

I had a failed row of pixels in my Netbook, resulting in a white line across the screen, but fortunately it was still in warranty and the screen was replaced.

Do you have access to another PC or Laptop you could connect to the monitor to confirm that it isn't a graphics card problem in the computer?

Pine Man 09:28 31 Dec 10

Thanks for your reply.

As soon as the monitor is switched on the line is there, long before the PC has started to boot up.

I have got an old CRT monitor which I will try out but I think you're probably right about the column of pixels:-((

Pine Man 09:53 31 Dec 10

Tried out the old CRT monitor no problems so it's clearly the LCD monitor and not any hardware or software in the PC.

According to the back of the monitor it was made in December 2005 so it's died on it's fifth birthday.

Off to Novatech now to beat the VAT rise.

Thanks for your interest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…