purple display when accessing a website

tAtu*! 17:10 05 Oct 08

hi all

i am having a couple of problems with my DELL laptop. xp sp2 mozilla firefox 3. i have just tried to access a website and the display screen turned purple and my system locked up. had to power off and re-boot. since this, my system is running slower that usual? should i be concerned? seem to be ok on the intenet now.

thanks

tAtu*! 12:26 06 Oct 08

^^

Jak_1 12:31 06 Oct 08

What is the url to the website in question? Is your antivirus up to date? Have you looked at Task Manager to see if a program is using resources heavily?

tAtu*! 12:41 06 Oct 08

it was facebook I was trying to access. Yeah I use Avast AV and its uptodate. Did not check task manager? could that be a reason ? something hogging the resources?

Thanks

tAtu*! 12:42 06 Oct 08

it was facebook I was trying to access. Yeah I use Avast AV and its uptodate. Did not check task manager? could that be a reason ? something hogging the resources?

Thanks

birdface 12:46 06 Oct 08

How to Power off from new PCA program this morning.If you press windows Logo button then press u then u again it should switch of the computer.Saves you from using the front switch.There has been a few problems with Firefox Lately are you using the most recent version.Maybe run your security programs if you have not already done so.Or maybe use IE7 for a while just in case.

tAtu*! 12:52 06 Oct 08

Will do thanks, Just done a recent deep scan and got the all clear, but no harm in trying again!

Thanks for your help

birdface 12:55 06 Oct 08

System locked up.It seems to be happening more often now for some reason.You get more threads now with the same problem.I don't use Facebook so can't help you there.I can get onto the site Ok but as I said I do not use it.I am sure there were something on here about it about 3 weeks ago where folk were picking up the odd virus from it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…