Purityscan spy-ware

bretsky 21:49 11 Jun 04

Hi people

Can anyone suggest a good program to get rid of a dialler which every time I boot up the dialler pops out at me on the desk top.

Have run spybot s&d and also Ad-aware with the latest file update which both show up this dialler which is "Purityscan" from "click spring"
and in both instances I have deleted the entries but the Daile still appears and obviously trying to call home, so I presume the two utilities mentioned above haven't got rid of this dialler.

Have done nav scan for virus all ok.

bretsky using winxp home ed sp1, spywareblaster spybot s&d, Ad-aware, nav2002 and ZoneAlarm v5

Many than ..................bretsky ;0)

VoG II 21:51 11 Jun 04
  bretsky 14:05 12 Jun 04

Sorry VOG that it has taken a long time for the reply.

Thanx for the link, not an easy one to get rid of. I've spent all this time trying to get rid of it, I even bought a program called "spyware begone which flagged up the dialler but did not remove it.

In the end I had to do it manually by deleting everything that said "Purityscan" on the system, registry and all, and its related files.

Just booted up and nothing! So fingers crossed that I have fixed the problem.

Spyware begone starts from bootup and Will flag up any spyware that is found on the computer.

Anyway, many thanx

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…