Purchasing Malwarebytes Pro - good idea or not?

Happy37 08:16 AM 11 May 11
Answered

Hello everyone - as per the question above, I am running Spybot Search & Destroy, Avast Antivirus Free and Spyware Blaster on my 2 PCs. I also use Malwarebytes Free on a weekly/fortnightly basis to scan for malware.

All has been working well, but I am thinking to go a step further and purchase the Pro version of Malwarebytes.

From reading round, I have found that it offers "real-time" protection that the free version doesn't do. Is there anything else that would persuade me to go down this route and purchase the Pro version?

Can I install the Pro version on both of my PCs?

Can I use a coupon code taken from the link below to purchase at a reduced price or not?

http://www.malware-coupon.comlink text

Grateful for any advice that you may all be able to provide.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

happy37

Happy37 08:19 AM 11 May 11

Apologies, the link in my post above is incorrect.

It should be:-

link text

Please ignore the link in my first post.

Thanks.

Happy37

sunnystaines 08:21 AM 11 May 11

the free one i think is enough

Happy37 08:24 AM 11 May 11

sunnystaines

Many thanks for your reply.

Can I please ask what you are basing your reply on? - I'd like to know more so that I can make the right decision in due course.

Regards

Happy37

Happy37 08:45 AM 11 May 11

Can anyone else please advise on my query - many thanks.

Regards

Happy37

quiblum 09:39 AM 11 May 11

The free version is fine. All you get extra in the paid for version are auto updates and flash scans.

Nontek 09:40 AM 11 May 11

I would strongly advise getting the Pro Version of Malwarebytes. It is definitely better than the free version. I have upgraded to the Pro version after an attack while using the free version. Have had no problems since.

Happy37 09:41 AM 11 May 11

quiblum

Thanks for your reply - please tell me what flash scans does?

Would the "real-time" protection interfere with the general running of the PC when browsing the Net, or streaming audio, for example?

Many thanks.

Regards

Happy37

Nontek 09:44 AM 11 May 11

You will not notice the Real-time protection in action until it finds and intercepts a possible attack, it does not interfere with anything you are doing on the PC. It does tell you if/when it has taken action.

Happy37 09:46 AM 11 May 11

Nontek

Many thanks - so, would you recommend the Pro version yourself (are you using it?)

Regards

Nontek 09:47 AM 11 May 11

Yes on both counts!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone