Purchasing A Domain Name

I'm considering getting a domain name for my sons' rock band and I'm looking for any advice on this to avoid any pitfalls.

Recommendations for best places to go & prices etc.

Thanks in advance.

HauxtonPhil 09:14 27 Jul 04

I start by deciding who is going to host the site, then get them to sort the domain name.

The Dark Sage 09:20 27 Jul 04

click here

They are quite cheap, but more importantly they have a lot of end user tools that allow you to make changes to your domain yourself for free, rather than have to get your registra to do it, which usually envolves a charge.

As reccommended by The Dark Sage I use freeparking.co.uk as well and found it reasonably priced and have had no problems.

spuds 19:47 27 Jul 04

Try 1&1 click here Good service and support plus nice package deals. Register a domain and you get a free email facility. If you intend making a website, then you can use the 1&1 demo make up system for free,before you purchase one of the package deals.

pj123 20:04 27 Jul 04

Unlke spuds I am afraid I couldn't recommend 1&1. I had an horrendous time with them. When I finally got free I went with a local based host.

It is a yearly fee of about £60 but I am getting so many responses from this site that far outways the yearly fee. click here

igr 20:36 27 Jul 04

I think the suggestions above look expensive. I use click here which costs less than £3 a year for a domain name and they throw in 50 email addresses of your choice, email forwarding to your regular email address, and also web forwarding.

Check it out

Thanks to all for your comments and links, I'll now go and check them out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…