PUP infections on BOTH Laptops AND Nexus 7 ... HELP NEEDED

AngeTheHippy 11:46 20 Sep 13

Morning chaps, Yesterday I started a search Google search and got a very unexpected reply that I've never encountered before...

We're sorry... ... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

I've performed Malwarebytes scans on both Lappies, both in normal and safe mode - The first scans flagged up eg. PUP.Optional.App.Graffiti.A and I removed it.. BUT apparently not! I restarted lappy, tried a google search- nin both Chrome AND Explorer, and the damn message appeared again. I then did a full malwarebytes scan in safe mode, no infections found. Then performed in normal mode a full Avast! scan ... nothing found. YET - this blasted message on Google search is STILL appearing!! I do not know what to do next. Any ideas please??

AngeTheHippy x

lotvic 12:20 20 Sep 13

Try clearing your cache and cookies click here

Clearing your cache and cookies erases your settings for websites so you start again 'fresh'

AngeTheHippy 12:47 20 Sep 13

HiYa Lotvic, I've been on to my IP and it they were gonna contact Google to see whether maybe they had been hacked. HOWEVER,it seems GOOGLE might be the culprit!! I tried searches in both Bing & AskJeeves and every search I performed returned results with that message appearing. I contacted my IP again and told them my finds and they are taking it further I think. All I can say is HOW ODD it should have happened... and glad I think I've cracked it. Thanks for your suggestion, I cleared as suggested to be on the safe side. Googlke is STILL playing up though.

Ange x

Press Man 13:02 20 Sep 13

If your laptops were okay on wednesday try a system restore to that day. If both machines are then okay you have "picked up a nasty" somehow?

AngeTheHippy 13:13 20 Sep 13

HiYa Press Man, I'm pretty sure it's what I've stated above.. it's ONLY Google search that's doing this .. no other engine I've tried has given any problem whatsoever. What's more, it appears - and I'm not for a minute suggesting this is what's happened, Google has been hacked within the past week or so in Palestine... so it's NOT impossible for that to be done!!

Ange x

Press Man 13:28 20 Sep 13

Sorry, a little confused now, above you said, "tried a google search- nin both Chrome AND Explorer, and the damn message appeared again" and "I tried searches in both Bing & AskJeeves and every search I performed returned results with that message appearing". What I am suggesting above is to do a "System Restore" to Wednesday when it appears, from what you say, that there was not an issue?

lotvic 14:14 20 Sep 13

I would have thought if Google had been hacked we would all be having problems - not just you.

AngeTheHippy 14:21 20 Sep 13

Press Man, I MEANT to say WITHOUT that *We're sorry... * message from Google - Bing & AskJeeves both returned results as they SHOULD be returned. I also think it might have summat to do with my IP - a group of us have the same IP apparently, so if someone is, eg spamming, then perhaps Google would block that IP addy, INCLUDING mine...

lotvic 14:35 20 Sep 13

I was puzzling over this "been on to my IP and it they were gonna contact Google to see whether maybe they had been hacked"

Should that have read: 'been on to my ISP and they were gonna contact Google to see whether maybe they had banned my IP on Google Searches'

That would make more sense, seeing as it is affecting all your devices.

lotvic 14:38 20 Sep 13

I should have refreshed the page before I posted.... lol

Press Man 15:01 20 Sep 13

If you think that your IP address has been blocked click here and check?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…