punkbuster problem

morgueman 19:58 19 Mar 09

Hello all, i seem to be having some problems with the above. If i'm playing any game with punkbuster, which i prefer to do, for no reason it will kick me. I have the auto update from punkbuster, but i've found that if i check for updates manually from punkbuster, the problem clears until next time.
Is there any way of uninstalling punkbuster without uninstalling the relevant games, because i cant see anything in the add/remove programs in control panal. Thought i complete uninstall and reinstall might help?
Thanks for any help with this.

ACOLYTE 20:33 19 Mar 09

I don't know what games your playing,some come with PB already packaged with them,other's you need to apply patches to get PB.But there should be 2 files running as services that allow PB to update,these are PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe these need to be running in order for the game to autoupdate,and somtimes then it doesnt always work.As for uninstalling if you got PB with a patch you may be able to remove it by uninstalling the patch,if not you would need to uninstall the whole game to remove it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…