Pulsating Front Page 2002

yattonharry 10:40 06 Mar 05

Can anyone explain why Frontpage 2002 flashes?
I have one website on my Hard Drive located in My Documents where when I open the index page, the whole starts to pulsate. The status bar in area of my Start button runs the flashing message, so fast that it is difficult to read - 'Retrieving data index.htm' and sometimes 'Reading data'or something like that. Why it is saying this I cannot understand as the index page is open in front of me.

Can anything you do in FP 2002 destablize it? For instance I have been learning how to write HTML and CSS sheets and I wonder if this has upset FP?
Oh I have been writing the scripts in Notepad and linking them.

Any advice?

Forum Editor 12:53 06 Mar 05

means that FP is loading the index page of the last site you worked on. Is that page particularly big in terms of file size, or does it have many hyperlinks included? Your comment about linking Notepad files may be the key.

yattonharry 09:29 07 Mar 05

QUOTE/
means that FP is loading the index page of the last site you worked on. Is that page particularly big in terms of file size, or does it have many hyperlinks included? Your comment about linking Notepad files may be the key. /End

No it is not too large at all - has 6 small pixs and hyperlinks.
If it is loading the index page, why does it pulsate almost forever? No, I don't feel that it is that actually. Notepad and the rogue code may be the cause. I haven't been working on that web since, but trying in various ways to imporve the download of my pages. I am concerned to have to open it up again.

yattonharry 15:41 08 Mar 05

Thank you Forum Member, I didn't realise that I could validate a webpage *on* my Hard drive. Am now working on this and will get this validated again. Maybe I shall overcome the shakes after all!!

JonnyTub 22:58 09 Mar 05

may not be relevant, but i had a similar problem which a defrag sorted out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…