Publishing to the web

alfredgerald 15:28 21 Sep 07

Is there any way of creating a web site with out having to have a host etc? I do not want a Blog. I would like to create my own site and just publish it on the web.

Quiet Life 15:36 21 Sep 07

You must have moved as I was replying.
A lot of servers give some free webspace of 25/50mb. Quite a good site can be made on this amount of space. I use FrontPage but there are many other web programs available. If your sever does not give free web space then you would need a host.

Forum Editor 19:47 21 Sep 07

The word 'host' is applied to the company (or individual) which owns and operates the server on which web sites and domain names reside. If you publish the site to the free webspace provided by your ISP then the ISP is your host.

You must Host a website on a server which is connected to the internet if you want the public to view it. Running your own server is probably beyond the skills of 99% of us. So you need a Host with its own servers. If you go for no cost hosting often your pages will be spoilt by adverts.

DieSse 23:46 22 Sep 07

An excellent, free hosting service with no adverts to spoil your pages.

You don't even need a domain name, you can use a subdomain, of the form click here

click here

This one hosted there, as an example click here

alfredgerald 13:55 24 Sep 07

Thanks. That answers that question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…