Publishing a site on Blueyonder.

The Dazza 19:24 05 Mar 06

Bought April's PC Advisor and have used the Web easy pro express 6 on the DVD to design a web site. I am now trying to publish the site on my ISP space. After putting in my IP address, made up user identifier and made up user password, click ok I get a winsock error,please reconnect and try again.
Anybody know what I need to do?

Thanks

De Marcus™ 20:56 05 Mar 06

Do you get a specific winsock error such as winsock error 11001 for example?

To upload to blueyonder you username should be the the same name as your web address.

For example www. myblueyonderwebspace.pwp.co.uk

you username would be: myblueyonderwebspace

and your password would be your telewest broadband password.

Are these all correct and accounted for?

The Dazza 21:26 05 Mar 06

Now have changed host name and user password which are definatley correct. I am not sure what user identifier to use and think this is what is wrong, as after I click on ok I get 'Incorrect user specified'. Also I am not sure what goes in the general and www site tab pages, please help! (Yes I am a novice web designer)

De Marcus™ 21:30 05 Mar 06

What web design software are you using The Dazza?

The Dazza 21:37 05 Mar 06

The Web easy pro express 6 on the DVD with April 06 PC advisor

De Marcus™ 22:39 05 Mar 06

I'm not familiar with this programme which providing you user name and password are correct I can't help you with. Perhaps another forum member is using it and can advise.

I'll graciously bow out.

The Dazza 20:18 06 Mar 06

Thanks anyway mate. Can anybody else help?

The Dazza 19:48 16 Mar 06

Having given people time to buy the magazine and use Web Easy program (on the DVD)does anyone know what I can do to solve the above problem? I have emailed Blueyonder but they haven't got back to me yet.

DrScott 12:51 17 Mar 06

Have you tried using a 3rd party ftp program like cuteFTP? That will at least point to whether the error is software based, or due to a problem at the webspace end or at least the way in which you access it.

The Dazza 18:30 17 Mar 06

is it free?

mco 18:39 17 Mar 06

and you can get free trials of paying FTPs - so type 'free ftp' into google and have a look

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…