publishing site

the kopite 17:51 07 Jun 06

Hi Guys I realze this is going to make me out to be a compleat idiot which I am but I have constructed a web site of sorts and have a web host streamline net but I am lost trying to upload the site with the Nvu publisher I just do not understand what I put in regarding my site location or the site host hope you can help befor I throw this computer out the window thanks kopite

ade.h 18:39 07 Jun 06

Hi Kopite. Here are the settings for Streamline (mostly standard stuff).

Server type: FTP
Server address: click here
Directory: htdocs
Username: (usually) yoursite.com (no www)
And then your password.

Some of the finer points of terminology can vary slightly, but the gist of it is the same. I have Nvu, but not on this particular PC, so I can't check it right now.

ade.h 18:39 07 Jun 06

The "click here" is ftp. yoursite. com

the kopite 20:20 07 Jun 06

Hello Ade.h thanks for replying I have all the details of my password and user name icluding my ht docs from streamline I also took their site wizard hoping it would help but it seem to be all about building a site its how to fill in the publishing form on Nuv I just have not got a idea what ie required for my directory or what to fill in for my ftp server what a disaster lol kopite

beynac 09:49 08 Jun 06

I've only 'played' with Nvu so I'm not sure of this but, looking at the Nvu help, this should work ('mysite.com' being your domain name and 'myusername' being the user name thatStreamline have given you.)

click here

the kopite 10:43 08 Jun 06

Thanks beynac Thats exactly what Ihave done and it worked lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…