Publishing my Website

neil_raj 11:45 03 Mar 05

I've just set up a domain name with fasthosts and registered with them. I'm trying to use frontpage to "publish" my site. It's asking for the publish address. I think it means the ftp address and NOT the fasthosts address? A Bit stupid really, didn't know about ftp. How do I use this etc?
Is it easy to publish my site with frontpage, guess I need a ftp first, any ideas?

Thanks, Neil.

AndySD 13:04 03 Mar 05

Try the fastweb support click here or they should have gigen you an ftp address or a folder on your domain to upload into. eg http:/ / yoursite/www(folder)

Forum Editor 07:45 05 Mar 05

you've 'registered' with Fasthosts I assume you mean that you've paid for a hosting package.

In that case you would normally upload to your domain name, using the password that Fasthosts supplied (or that you selected) when you set up your web-hosting package.

All the Fasthosts packages have the FrontPage extensions included by default, so you'll have no problems with using the special FP components, as long as you upload from FrontPage itself, and not via a third-party FTP program.

neil_raj 19:20 05 Mar 05

Thanks for that Form Editor. How thick am I? Dont answer that, haha. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…