Publishing MS Office 2003

recap 15:12 26 Sep 05

I am having problems Publishing Office 2003 across our 2003 Server network.

I created a network drive and mapped it to the Office PRO11.msi file that is stored on the C:Drive. Created a GP in the individual OUs for Office and Published the package, but no user can access the Published package. For the Deployment options I have left it at the default settings of, "Auto-install the application by file extension activation"

I have also tried to Assigned option with the same results. I chose the deployment options as "Install this application at logon".

All PCs can ping the server and visa versa, DHCP is configured.

Any suggestions as to where I have gone wrong if I have, would be gratefully received.

Forum Editor 18:23 26 Sep 05

the order of file name extensions specified for the GPO and ensure that the file name extension is associated with MS Office?

recap 09:28 27 Sep 05

Sorry FE, you have lost me. I thought that I that was needed was the .msi file to enable distribution of Office?

recap 17:04 27 Sep 05

Sorry FE, that sounds double dutch.

What I meant to say was: "all I thought that I needed was the .msi file to deploy office".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…