Publisher Files

Satmansq 17:19 21 Feb 05

I have downloaded some files which are stored as .pub and I need a free program that will allow me to view these files. I certainly dont want to pay for a program only to find that the files are useless. Even an evaluation program will do and then I could probably convert the format to something more suitable.

I would appreciate any and all practical suggestions.

Diodorus Siculus 17:23 21 Feb 05

As far as I know, there is not one - MS has not released a publisher viewer as it has for other file formats.

Pesala 19:59 21 Feb 05

Search the site or contact the webmaster for a *.DOC or PDF version of the files. Otherwise, post a link to the download page for the files and see if someone here can legally produce a PDF for you. I don't have MS Publisher.

Satmansq 20:52 21 Feb 05

Thanks for the suggestion Pesala, I think I will have a word with a couple of acquaintances first and see if they can help.

Satmansq 05:54 25 Feb 05

No luck so far, any one else out there got any ideas please.

Diodorus Siculus 08:02 25 Feb 05

If you want to post a link to the files, someone may be able to save and convert to pdf which acrobat reader will then open for you. If they are publiser 2k, I can do it if you want.

wiz-king 16:58 25 Feb 05

This free prog can read publisher files and convert them to pdf's which you can read if you have Adobe reader also free.

Modo 17:34 25 Feb 05

If you look around you may be able to find a 30day trial version of Publisher.

The Cd has been bundled with HP ink and paper bundles through people like PC World. I've seen it on the MS Office website recently as well.

Also remember that Publisher is terrible for backward compatibility. If these are Publisher 2003 files unless saved for earlier versions you'll probably find they won't open even with the XP edition. As for Publisher 2000 not a chance it is a completely different product.

wiz-king 17:54 25 Feb 05

It's Friday and it has been a hard week..... the pdf program only works on a open publisher file and as you cant open them,,,,,,,,, Must engage brain before posting.

Satmansq 23:15 26 Feb 05

Here are the links to the publisher files which hopefully will assist with my sons speech therapy. click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 09:40 27 Feb 05

Satmansq - I've just converterd them to PDF and sent them to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…