Publisher documents,any free viewing progs

richierich 17:03 02 Mar 05

Is there any free programmes, like star office for viewing microsoft publisher docs. I have been given ssome docs but I dont seem to have Publisher in my office suite.

Jaymz87 17:55 02 Mar 05

As far as I'm aware, there are NO free software packages that can open .pub files, the only way you will be able to open them, apart from getting Microsoft Publisher, is to ask the author of the files to save them in a different format.
Sorry.

richierich 18:17 02 Mar 05

thought so,
thanks

Satmansq 18:49 02 Mar 05

I have not long asked the same question and no one could provide me with a free viewer, however the suggestion was made that I asked friends/aquaintances to convert the files to pdf files, or even ask the web site if they could provide the files as pdf files. Luckily another member of this forum converted the files for me
after I provided links within the thread. Perhaps someone here will do the same for you if the information is not personal or sensitive material.

richierich 19:03 02 Mar 05

weired thing is I have Office and Im sure I use to have Publisher on it- it did calenders and brochures but it must have been on an old version. I have office XP and office 2000 and publisher cant be found on them, maybe I had it on office 97, Ill have to find the disks tommorow,otherwise Ill have to get a copy from somewhere.

VoG II 19:07 02 Mar 05

Just be aware that an old version of Publisher will not open documents created using the more recent versions.

Fellsider 19:08 02 Mar 05

It was on Office 2000 but IIRC there were quite a few versions containing different programs. I've got Office 2000 professional and it's on disk 2.

richierich 19:12 02 Mar 05

Yeah Ive got 2000 pro, Ive installed disk 1 and its not on there, I suspect its on disk 2 but my disk 2 is corrupt. I have another one at work which is ok so i hope its on there.( I suppose it must be as there cant be much else on disk 2?

GaT7 19:47 02 Mar 05

If still required, these tips may help click here - there are tips for Publisher 2000 as well (lower down) & the conversion-to-PDF tip Satmansq mentioned. G

EdFrench 20:09 02 Mar 05

Fellsider,
It is indeed on disk 2 of 2000.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…