Publisher column/rows

highside 16:00 20 Jan 06

Anyone help please or check what happens on your system?
I open a blank page in Publisher and insert some columns and rows, I then insert another blank page (page 2) after the first page which is fine - BUT the columns/rows inserted in the first page appear in the second when all I want is a blank page to add other designs to. Cannot see any way of removing the guides from the second page.

pj123 16:13 20 Jan 06

When you "Insert Page" you should get the opportunity to insert the page before or after the current page. Then you should be able to select "insert blank pages", "create one text frame on each page" and "duplicate all pages on page 1".

Just click in "insert blank pages".

I am using MS Pub 2000 on a Win 98SE computer.

highside 17:03 20 Jan 06

Thanks for replying pj123, you have confirmed that my menus are the same as yours, however I still have the same problem in that "Insert blank page" "After" stll receives the formatting which was applied to page one wether I like it or not.
Also have v2000

pj123 17:22 20 Jan 06

Well I have just tried it again. And works fine.

Underneath "After Current Page" you should have "Options"

It is there that you select "Insert blank pages".

If that doesn't work and you still have the "Table" on your second page you can select it and move it off the page. It then will not print.

Also, how are you selecting these cols/rows? Are you using the "Table Frame Tool"???

highside 18:10 20 Jan 06

No not Tables. Go to Arrange - Layout Guiges - Grid Guides- Column & Row guides (different thing to tables, they assist with positioning of text or graphics.)Can you try this please.

Bagsey 18:54 20 Jan 06

What you have selected is the setting to give you grid guide lines which should not print. They are for setting the page up only. They will transfer through from page to page because you have selected that option for the current document. If you want to set a table having columns and lines use the Table setting icon on the left of your screen.

pj123 15:23 21 Jan 06

highside, yes just tried it your way. That, unfortunately is not the way to go. That sets all your future pages based on what you have set.

The best way to go is via Tables.

highside 15:42 21 Jan 06

Bagsey & pj123 Thanks for your help will mark up as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…