publish problem

edee66 21:26 20 Dec 05

I recently changed from using Frontpage 2000 to FP 2003. For some reason I am having difficulty publishing to the web server who assure me they can't see a problem. Any ideas please ?
Thanks

ade.h 22:11 20 Dec 05

Try using a third-part FTP utility to rule out - or in - any server problems. Whatever app you use, make sure your firewall is confiured to fully allow it outbound and in.

Forum Editor 23:30 20 Dec 05

if you have FP extensions installed on the server, because it won't work.

Are you working with a local copy of the site? If so, try importing the whole site into FP and then publishing it to a new location on your hard drive. Then open that copy and publish it to the server.

edee66 13:22 21 Dec 05

Thank you both. Ade, tried ftp prog once and found it a nightmare. I have extensions installed so will try what Ed say.

Cheers

ade.h 13:37 21 Dec 05

I stand corrected. I often use one now to upload sites that have been coded on another PC that doesn't have a net connection.

edee66 13:45 21 Dec 05

Ok ade, just been looking at the firewall config, can you tell me which is the important boxes to tick. Not too sure myself. I'm using Zone Alarm by the way (not the pro one).
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…