Publish FP2000 site without FP support?

MichelleC 17:32 07 Nov 03

I've made a site in FP for hypnotherapist friend which we can rent for 4.99 p m but that price doesn't support FP. Can I still publish and not use any extensions but it'll work ok, or can I publish in FTP?

wsces 17:36 07 Nov 03

I'm not entirely sure what your saying, but basically to upload a site using FTP made in Frontpage just save it like you normally would, find the directory you saved it into within your FTP client and upload it using the credentials your web host provided you with.

Forum Editor 22:34 07 Nov 03

you can certainly publish the site directly from FrontPage 2000, but if you have used any of the special FP components (like animated text, forms, or discussion forums)you'll get a warning message from FP, advising you that as the server doesn't have the FP extensions installed there may be components that don't work.

If you decide to go ahead anyway you'll still see the site - minus any of the things I've mentioned. You couls always ask the host company to install the extensions of course. They are a free download from Microsoft, and most hosts only make a small charge for installing and configuring them - expect something like ?20 as a one-off charge.

MichelleC 08:48 08 Nov 03

Thanks for replies. This host charges more p m with FP support, so I'll publish (without using any extensions) and be dammed.

Rtus 09:15 12 Nov 03

That answered a question for me too ..Thanks For asking it ..& thanks For the answers Both ..Cheap though aint it @ ?20 ..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…