public computer username/password!

moby58 22:37 16 Jul 04

used a hotel computer for ebay...mistakenly when windows asked TO REMEMBER password,i clicked yes,so that computer has username and password remembered.have CHANGED password now,but how do i reverse that click on that hotel computer?just need to change it so my username doesnt appear with password if anyone goes onto ebay on that computer...thanks!

Dorsai 22:48 16 Jul 04

Must remember never to do that. Forwarned is forarmed and all that. But i guess it's not that differend from intenet caf a's..Perhaps just ask the management of the hotel? Can't be an uncommon thing to do. or go back to e-bay and pretend you have forgoten your PW. They will e-mail you with instructions....but it should disable the one you used in error.

moby58 23:04 16 Jul 04

have changed password with ebay...thats fine...just wanted to get my name off "ebay" if used on that computer...its there ready to click,although wrong password...just wanted to delete name and wrong password that WINDOWS REMEMBERED....just to clear the decks...must be a way to reverse what windows asked

noddy 1 23:12 16 Jul 04

Open I.E.
Chose TOOLS
Internet Options
On the content tab click the AutoComplete tab and clear passwords, Job Done!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…