Pub website

Foolsbane_1 23:34 09 Nov 03

My latest project. Comments and suggestions welcomed as always.

click here

Please note that the banner is a temporary graphic as I am waiting on artwork from a third party.

Forum Editor 02:36 10 Nov 03

I'm hungry already. My only comment is that I don't (as a rule) like centered text - I think it would look far better if you aligned the the text left in the table cells on the homepage.

That's a minor personal niggle, and all in all you and Frontpage have made a nice job of it - the atmosphere's just right.

Mango Grummit 07:36 10 Nov 03

It is nice... very nice, unfussy but inviting. If I'm ever over your neck of the woods I'll be in so I hope I don't pick the chef's day off!!!

BTW, your Dougie Muir and dining room links returned me to the home page. If you are still working on the site you probably know that though.

Foolsbane_1 08:28 10 Nov 03

Point taken on the centered text. I was not entirely happy with it but might not have got round to changing it without a nudge. Thanks for the nudge.

Foolsbane_1 08:35 10 Nov 03

"... I hope I don't pick the chef's day off!!!"

Please don't put ideas in his head! ;o)

The links you mention open popup windows containing images. I suspect you have a popup-stopper running. Makes me think I need some kind of warning about this. Thanks!

Foolsbane_1 10:13 10 Nov 03

Have now put in tooltips with advisory message about enabling popups. This was done using an excellent script from click here .

BBW 11:39 14 Nov 03

Very nice! where do you get the time to run a bar and a web site?

Foolsbane_1 12:03 14 Nov 03

Thanks, BBW. I don't run the bar. That task is more than ably performed by the delightful and indefatigable Pauline. But having done so in the past, I know for a fact that it would barely be possible to run a web site as well -- especially one with an active messageboard.

Running the web site has the advantage of being much less strenuous. And you don't have to spend all day being nice to people! ;o)

Xevious 14:17 14 Nov 03

wow, thx for that link, it's exactly what i've been looking to use!!! thanks again...

Foolsbane_1 15:56 14 Nov 03

Then my living has not been in vain.

Forum Editor 19:25 14 Nov 03

now that the text is left-aligned - in my opinion anyway.

Just for fun, why not try converting the text to Verdana? You never know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…