PTV-DNA has been corrupted?

jamtarts 18:04 19 Sep 07

When Windows loads in after start-up this comes up and i have absolutely no idea what it is..."PTV-DNA has been corrupted,please re-install the software",i don't think i've got software for this,i don't even know what it is!

DieSse 18:12 19 Sep 07

According to here click here it's World Rally Championship site.

I guess you better redownload and install whatever you got from there.

jamtarts 18:20 19 Sep 07

I've never downloaded anything from there though!

DieSse 18:32 19 Sep 07

Someone else has perhaps?

The link says that C:\Program Files\WRC - DNA\launch.exe is set to run every time the system starts, with this software.

Can you see if you have that file, and is it set to run at start-up?

jamtarts 18:49 19 Sep 07

I don't have that file!

DieSse 19:53 19 Sep 07

I'm sorry but I could find no other references to this file on the web.

Could someone else have downloaded this - then uninstalled it, all without you knowing? (and inadvertently left behind some traces).

When did it start - what did you do, or load just before it started?

Have a look at just what is set to run when windows starts, and block out anything that looks anything like WRC or PTV-DNA.

Do a full AV check with a good AV program, clean out teporary files, check for spyware (ie all the standard clean-up things).

Perhaps you could try a system restore to before it started?

If you don't know how to do any of the above, please just ask again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple