Ptical to 6ch convertor

Muckleface 18:15 25 May 03

Hi!

I have 6channel input on my stereo but no optical input.

Most of my electronics have optical outputs, so is there a product on the market that converts an optical output to 6 channel inputs?

Jordan

-pops- 18:22 25 May 03

Check these out click here product ref QN18U and QN18T

Any use??

Brian

Muckleface 18:25 25 May 03

Yer, but its only got one output, I need SIX for dolby 5.1 :s

Jordan

Muckleface 18:25 25 May 03

Yer, but its only got one output, I need SIX for dolby 5.1 :s

Jordan

-pops- 09:51 26 May 03

The output from these converters is digital. Further conversion to analogue is required. You are not going to be able to get that without further converters to an analogue system.

Have a look at the Soundblaster Extigy which, although designed for use on a computer, will work independently. I use it on my 5.1 computer sound system and on my home cinema system as well.

-pops- 09:52 26 May 03

Extigy has optical in/out as well as a whole range of other inputs.

Installer. 10:15 26 May 03

Certain pc sound cards have 6 channel analogue output, I suppose you could connect the optical device through this. Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live 5.1 PCI can be got for about £30.00.

-pops- 10:27 26 May 03

We've not been told if this is in a computer, unfortunately.

Brian

Installer. 11:01 26 May 03

I know but he can use his pc as the conversion device, if in same room as what I presume are hi fi seperates.

MikeB. 11:07 26 May 03

Does the creative card have an optical in? thought it only had an output.

-pops- 11:25 26 May 03

The PCI card version doesn't have an optical in but the Platinum version does. The Platinum version is the one with loads of inputs brought out to the front panel.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…