PSU Upgrade Question

sorceror7374 12:44 25 Jul 04

I was considering upgrading my PSU from my current 300W to cope with any other upgrades I may make in the future. I've noticed that any PSU's over 350W only have the input for the plug and NOT an output to supply the monitor's power.
Has it been decided by the manufacturers that it's better to plug the monitor straight into a power strip than the PSU?

Stuartli 13:20 25 Jul 04

My five-year-old iiyama S702GT is run from the mains - any monitor will draw quite a considerable amount of power.

SANTOS7 13:22 25 Jul 04

It would probably make sense to do so if you can eliminate the extra load it would put on your PSU then why not plug it straight into a power supply, which i would recommend be surge protected.

€dstowe 13:23 25 Jul 04

The monitor outlet on a PSU is just a loop through. The PSU has nothing to do with it except provide a convenient socket and access point. The convention now is to connect the monitor directly to the mains and the majority of modern units are connected in this way.

SANTOS7 13:33 25 Jul 04

Well! i didn't know that, thanks for info.

DJ-Garry 15:49 25 Jul 04

Try this one. It's the most powerful I have ever seen (600w), plus it has modern Mod lights and TWO cooling fans, and at a rediculousy cheap price. eBuyer are very reputable, I have got stuff from them many times with no hassle at all.

click here

Also look at the related products near the bottom of the page. They show you other maybe more suitable products similar to your search.

Good luck, Garry.

DJ-Garry 15:50 25 Jul 04

Try this one. It's the most powerful I have ever seen (600w), plus it has modern Mod lights and TWO cooling fans, and at a rediculousy cheap price. eBuyer are very reputable, I have got stuff from them many times with no hassle at all.

click here

Also look at the related products near the bottom of the page. They show you other maybe more suitable products similar to your search.

Good luck, Garry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…