PSU tester

Ray5776 18:48 21 Apr 06

anyone tried one of these click here
or anything similar, looks like a useful tool if it`s any good.

daba 19:06 21 Apr 06

Much much cheaper than a MoBo !

Not tried it, but if it does what it says should be useful if your into system building

Gongoozler 19:26 21 Apr 06

This looks like a much needed tool. The only improvement I would like to see is a means of accessing the voltages with a digital voltmeter, but that wouldn't be difficult to arrange.

slowhand_1000 19:38 21 Apr 06

Not a bad price either. As daba says "Much much cheaper than a MoBo"

Stuartli 19:55 21 Apr 06

I might be on the wrong lines here, but Everest Home Edition provides the (flutuating) voltage readings from the PSU, plus CPU and mobo temperatures, on a real time basis through its Computer>Sensor link.

I do appreciate that a sensor may not be quite as accurate as a true tester, nor will the test be just on the PSU itself.

martjc 20:01 21 Apr 06

...many psu problems are intermittent. Would this 'tester' provide a test over a time period? If not, I think we are in chocolate teapot areas here.

rmcqua 20:12 21 Apr 06

martjc:
not sure where you get your info. from, but in my experience the vast majority of PSU problems are catastrophic rather then intermittent.
Stuartli:
Everest OK if the PC is working, but what about those occasions when it doesn't, and you suspect a PSU problem?
At that price I'm going to buy one next time I visit my local Maplin.

woodchip 20:39 21 Apr 06

Not so, Intermittent are the worst kind you can have. As one min OK next it will not do it's job. It's a Valid point

Totally-braindead 20:55 21 Apr 06

Bookmarked, could be useful in future

Ray5776 21:14 21 Apr 06

Varied response here, interesting to read your pro`s and cons, I will probably get one anyway for what it costs, thanks for your imput.

ray

Beas-Knees 22:01 21 Apr 06

look here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…