PSU suitable for LHA-775 P4 3.2Ghz (PCI-Ex) system

Mysticnas 17:35 12 Dec 04

Hi all...

I'm building a around the new Intel chipsets and CPU socket, 925chipset and LGA-775.

I'm looking for a suitable CPU for this system. I was considering:

"480W Hiperpower Black Type-R Active PFC PSU - ATX v2.2 - 14Db"

However, on the website for HiperPower it says that the PCI-express connector is coming in Jan 2005. click here

What is a PCI-Express connector on a PSU? Do i need it?

I will be running a PCI-Express card by the way.

Thanks

Mysticnas 18:02 12 Dec 04

bump

Diemmess 18:15 12 Dec 04

Opinions differ on how much power should be in reserve. Worth going back to basics.

The PSU is like any reserve. If the demand exceeds the supply, bad things happen. Either the PSU delivers a trickle causing file corruption or drop out, or simply expires in sometimes spectacular fashion, maybe even dragging other expensive things with it.

It is wise to add a few watts to your most extravagant guess, and then concentrate on quietness, reliable makes, and price, rather than worry about vague promises. Equally there is no need to load a huge PSU in an avaerage PC. Huge power supplies can go wrong as easily as any other.

ste_bla 18:26 12 Dec 04

Thats a good quality PSU, some new PCI-E cards need extra power so depending what model will tell you if you need it or not. You might as well get it with as it would be better for the future as you might not need it now but later on who knows...

ste_bla 18:26 12 Dec 04

Thats a good quality PSU, some new PCI-E cards need extra power so depending what model will tell you if you need it or not. You might as well get it with as it would be better for the future as you might not need it now but later on who knows...

Mysticnas 22:25 12 Dec 04

and have seen the TAGAN 420W psu, it's the only one i could find with the PCI-Express connecter at an affordable price.

Mysticnas 16:30 13 Dec 04

sorry..

i thought i resolved it last time...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…