PSU Suggestions

Master Chief 22:04 18 Oct 04

Could anyone suggest a PSU that would be suitable for an Athlon 64 3500+ (Socket 939) and an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard? I may have 2 hard disks connected and a few system fans connected, apart from that it's a regular PC set up. All suggestions are welcome, but try not to break my bank!

Kypai 22:09 18 Oct 04

zalaman or antec true power psu are very good. try for a 500watt.

georgemac 22:23 18 Oct 04

click here a thread about psu's

you need a power supply with a good 12 volt rating as the cpu will be powered by the 4 pin 12 volt connector.

click here a thread on the msi forum about power supplies may be worth reading

I recently bought a 350 watt antec smartpower which can deliver more than a 450 watt psu I also have.

a 500 watt antec will cost serious dosh, have a look on the msi forum, see what psu others are running with your motherboard.

georgemac 08:32 19 Oct 04

are apparently a new brand aiming at enermax according to this review click here

look OK and available from many suppliers including komplett click here

look OK but don't know anyone who has used one

what type of graphics card will you be using - they can be very power hungry

click here click here

Master Chief 21:37 19 Oct 04

I currently have a GeForce FX 5200. If I get the chance I would like to upgrade it, but it's not looking like that will be the case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…