psu ratings for 8800

2drewej 22:43 11 Jun 08

hi, can anyone tell me if the psu i have..

same as this
click here

will handle a 8800gt

or will i need to buy a new one?

thanks

i really would get a decent branded 650+ watt, you see you need a very stable 22 watt seperate 12volt rail, or dedicated pcix rail.
it may run it, but the grx card will draw the 'lions share' and any shortcoming will hit other components first, at best crashes at worse hardware failure, dont cut corners with psu's i had a winpower once and it felt similar to an empty coke can! get a decent one it's worth it.

2drewej 23:01 11 Jun 08

thanks for the reply, looks likle i might be investing in a new, 'new' psu then!
ive just been researching and apparantly the 8800gt's need 24a, but it is possible to split that 24a petween two 12v 'rails'...(which the psu appears to have @ max 23a each)

is this correct?, could anyone explain it any better?

thank you

you add up all the 12 volt rails. put the card on a seperate rail, ie dont share with a drive etc, most modern psu's have a dedicated pci rail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…