PSU Problem again or what I don't know?

RobCharles1981 21:52 06 Apr 07

I was just doing some dusting out inside my computer before I did this I powered her down and switch her off at the mains for safety, when I was done switch on the mains "Blink" the Power in the house tripped! Tried now to find my original posting couldn't find it but Surely the Power Supply is not doing me a barney is it?

Thanks
Rob

Technotiger 22:04 06 Apr 07

Hi, for your original postings, did you look at Your Postings top left corner of this page?

RobCharles1981 22:05 06 Apr 07

I did, but so many couldn't find them! Ile have a quick look right now.

Technotiger 22:05 06 Apr 07

Also, you might have dislodged something inside during your spring-cleaning which caused the 'blink' ...

RobCharles1981 22:14 06 Apr 07

No don't think I did, It did eventually power up when the House Power was back on!

woodchip 22:14 06 Apr 07

Only thing that can trip it is if you have Earth leak in the 240 volts. this points to your PSU As 240 finishes there, if it went when you switched on, All the other wires coming from PUS are all Low Volts at most 12volts. It does not mean that the PSU as gone, it's just that EU regs are not as strict as old Kite mark where electrics comes in. It sounds like you bought a cheap PSU, I could be wrong and it may have cost you. But the last one I got and using is a 550watt Jeantech from PCworld. If you had a Old Fuse box it would most likely still work

RobCharles1981 22:33 06 Apr 07

Hi Woodchip thanks for you reply the PSU I have is this:click here

If it is the PSU I'm going to buy something far suitable for my 8800gtx card.

if you had the same problem with a different psu are you sure it's the pc? im no electrician but i would say once is unusual

RobCharles1981 22:40 06 Apr 07

Its a good question adman - I have got a spare computer (XP Athlon 2400 rig) that works fine with no probs, all I replaced on the one I got now is the motherboard (PCI-E) and PowerSupply that was a few months ago.

woodchip 22:41 06 Apr 07

It should be OK, but cannot see, or it's my eyes if there is Over voltage/short circuit Protection. It does have Temp Protection but cannot see the others

5200 x2, 4x 512, ddr2 2 hdds, 8800
on a hyper 530 watt no probs btw

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…