psu power

mobileman1953 20:40 24 Nov 03

i have a 350w psu running an amd duron 22ooxp , the psu has two sockets , one for the mains and one for a monitor lead does it take much power to run a monitor or should i just leave the monitor on a seperate mains lead any advice welcome

howard60 20:44 24 Nov 03

it does add to the total load taken from the mains but not the load delivered from the psu. If you do not need to connect the monitor then I would not do it.

alan 2273 20:49 24 Nov 03

the power consumption varies from 60 watts for a 15" monitor up to 130 watts for a 19"monitor so it is probably best to run it of it`s own supply.

mobileman1953 20:50 24 Nov 03

thanks i will leave it on its own supply got plenty of spare sockets

The monitor socket is hard wired to the mains input of the PSU. If you have this facility, it cuts down the number of 13 Amp sockets needed, so use it. It does not draw any current from the PSU output.

DieSse 22:11 24 Nov 03

[email protected]@m's answer is correct here - it makes no difference to the power supply to run a monitor from it. The monitor takes it's power directly from the mains inside the PSU, not from the PSU itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…