PSU Bent Pins

Nat 03 11:42 17 Dec 08

Hi,
Ive just dicovered I have had some bent pins in my P5K Premium WiFi motherboard do I need to replace the fan every time just to check I have correted the problem ,Also Im thinking of putting a Intel E2200 Dual Core prosser in it do you think it is man enough for it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:00 17 Dec 08

Bent pins where exactly?

Nat 03 15:34 17 Dec 08

Hi Fruit Bat.
In my mobo cpu

€dstowe 15:39 17 Dec 08

NEVER power up a CPU without adequate cooling.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 17 Dec 08

As per Edstow you will fry the CPU in milli seconds without a fan and thermal paste to the heatsink.

You will be lucky to straighten the pins without breaking.

howard64 17:46 17 Dec 08

I have straightened pins before using a stanley knife blade. Just slide it gently in - use all directions. Be very careful.

grey george 19:34 17 Dec 08

I have used a cocktail stick and would not recommend using any thing metal because of the risk of static or shorting. It's remote but there is a possibility of a small amount of power being stored in the CPU.

RobCharles1981 20:37 17 Dec 08

If in doubt take it too a friend who knows more than you do or computer repair shop to do it, it happened to me recently.

Unless you have the right tool and light to do it you will not have a chance unless you take it to a friend that has the right tools.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…