PSU

denali 21:14 28 Mar 05

Apart from physical dimentions are there any restrictions to installing a PSU.

Technotiger 21:17 28 Mar 05

Hi, I have installed several psu's in different pc's - no restrictions, other than physical size.

Cheers.

denali 21:24 28 Mar 05

Technotiger: Thank you for your quick response. My daughter has just bought a new graphics card for her spare PC and it says the PSU should be 450/500. So installing shouldn't be a problem?. She just plays games on it.

Technotiger 21:29 28 Mar 05

Should be no problem, but make sure it is the same type as the old one, most are ATX and are usualy marked - but you can physically check by looking at the main motherboard plug/socket.

Cheers.

woodchip 21:33 28 Mar 05

There are different power plugs for ATX system or should be an Adapter with it. But if it's not a Proprietary system like Dell etc then a ATX power will fit if it is a newish computer not years old. They used to be AT power supplies but you would have trouble getting on today. also if it's a Intel CPU you need one that has the four pin support plug also

denali 21:34 28 Mar 05

Technotiger. Thanks a lot. Great help.

denali

denali 21:36 28 Mar 05

woodchip. Thank you also. The PC is two years old. So your advice is appreciate.

Technotiger 21:36 28 Mar 05

OK my friend - if you are happy, don't forget the little green tick :-))

Cheers.

Hi woodchip.

woodchip 21:43 28 Mar 05

Ckeck for the Intel plug if you do not have AMD and it may need the Power adapter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…