PSTAPlugin Problem on startup

g-c-b 22:49 19 Mar 08

Help! ..... Whenever I startup I get an error message for windows installer saying "Please wait while windows configures PSTA Plugin" and another window saying "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Please insert the PSTA Plugin disk and click ok". A 3rd titled 'Microsoft .NET Framework' saying "An unghandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. Click continue and aplication willignore this error and attempt to continue. Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I haven't tried to instal anything called PSTA Plugin (although i can't be sure my son didn't get asked if he wanted to and accepted it or something similar) and can't find it in MSCONFIG.

Anyone know how to stop this coming up every time I start up?

brundle 23:02 19 Mar 08

Do you have an HP printer or scanner, or all-in-one device?

g-c-b 20:55 20 Mar 08

Hi brundle, thanks, and yes i have an HP deskjet 450 and an HP photosmart 420. think it might be associated with one of them?

brundle 11:27 22 Mar 08

From a google search, it could be;
Disconnect both, remove the drivers, run a clean up with CCleaner click here (files & registry_, check for newer drivers at the HP site (click here), re-install

g-c-b 21:37 24 Mar 08

Hi brundle - many thanks! actually i managed to sort it before getting your latest advice - i did a system restore taking it back several days and this seems to have sorted it (fingers crossed!).

I also use Max Registry cleaner anyway so maybe that did it, but i'll keep a note of your advice & the link to CCleaner in case it rears it's ugly head again. Cheers. g-c-b

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…