Pssst.....got any old CDs?

Forum Editor 19:03 07 Nov 05

If you have a spare moment, Click on Blogs and take a look at mine.

Usually we don't support charity-oriented threads, but we are making a rare exception in this case, because we think it's an opportunity to do some real good without asking for any money. The magazine is going to donate all the spare CDs we can rake up (and that's probably a few) to this deserving cause, and we're hoping you can help.

Give generously if you can.

Very many thanks.

P.S. please don't post anything related to other charities in this thread - we know there are many deserving causes, but we are making this a one-off appeal. I hope you'll understand.

This also posted in Speakers Corner.

PaulB2005 19:05 07 Nov 05

Why not also ask Tiscali, AOL and the others that bundle CDs in magazines or their distributors? They might have a load of old stock.

PaulB2005 19:08 07 Nov 05

Sorry for the duplication....

De Marcus™ 19:09 07 Nov 05

An admirable cause, my old 'uns' are on their way.

Forum Editor 19:22 07 Nov 05

That's OK - I still think it's not a bad idea.

Forum Editor 19:29 07 Nov 05

Much appreciated.

amonra 19:41 07 Nov 05

"CDs stuck on the shelf gathering dust, why don;t you chuck them away ?"
Hang your head in shame dear wife !!!!
I knew there'd be a use for them.

Big Elf 20:15 07 Nov 05

All I have on their way (about 20). Unfortunately I chucked out approximately 300 just a few months ago but I hope this small quantity helps.

Forum Editor 22:49 07 Nov 05

Of course it will help, and thank you.

amonra: now's the time to prove yourself right - what a wonderful (if rare) feeling! Thanks to you, too.

PaulB2005 09:58 08 Nov 05

What sort of condition will the CDs have to be in? Apart from avoiding getting loads of rubbish i MIGHT have access to a large number of CDs destined for destruction. In order to obtain them they might have to be made unreadable but this wouldn't have to mean they were un-usable by the charity.

I'm assuming that too much damage to the underside would render them useless to the charity?

Also how many are you looking for, roughly?

dan11 14:14 08 Nov 05

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…