PSP wont come on ?

treblebob 17:42 28 Oct 06

I bought a psp 2 weeks ago for my daughters birthday . She was playing with it ok at first but now it won't turn on.
When power is switched on the green light comes on but nothing comes on screen then after a few seconds the green light goes off.
Can anyone tell me if theres something simple which has happened before I send it back
thanks

wee eddie 18:36 28 Oct 06

Have you checked her battery charging set-up?

treblebob 20:07 28 Oct 06

Hi thanks for getting back to me.
I'm not sure what you mean but, I think the battery is ok because my son has a psp and I've swapped batteries and hers still wont work.
His works with her battery.
My son, who is a bit more techno minded thinks that my daughter might have changed some sort of setting when it was ok. I can't figure out any way to switch it on to change settings thougb

treblebob 20:08 28 Oct 06

Unfortunately I've got no instructions cos it was off internet so I can't look at common problems

wky 21:23 28 Oct 06

best thing to do is take it back for an exchange.

Tim1964 23:11 28 Oct 06

There is a problem with many PSP on/off switches.

If you Google "psp power faults" you'll see what I mean. My son's did the same thing.

The best thing to do (as it's only 2 weeks old) is to send it back for a refund or replacement.

You may have a problem with the "got it off the internet" part unless it was a reputable company, but then you would have had the instructions and accessories.

There are companies that can replace the switch for you but they charge about £40.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…