PSP or PhotoImpact Batch Conversion?

Simsy 15:03 20 Apr 04

Hi folks,

I have just had reason to convert a lot of image files. Basically there were 50 jpgs that I wanted to reduce in size.

Now I was able to do this in Irfanview, no problem. However I have both PaintShopPro7 and PhotoImpact7 and I couldn't see a way to batch covert using either of these programmes.

Just to be clear, it's the conversion of size that I was wanting to repeat. I could find how to change file type, (e.g. from .jpg to .gif), or batch rename, but not how to batch resize. It seems strange to me that this facility is not in either of these progsā€¦ after all, they are not cheap!

Am I missing something? Can it be done using either of these programmes?

Regards,

Simsy

MichelleC 15:10 20 Apr 04

In PI7 go to Window/Batch Manager/Format and select all and click ok, then choose what size to batch convert.

MichelleC 15:11 20 Apr 04

...I meant once you've selected 'format' (in left pane) also select 'image size' (in right pane.

hssutton 15:35 20 Apr 04

I have PI XL on my PC but can find no way to batch resize, but it's not a program I use very much as I have PS.

Simsy 15:59 20 Apr 04

So it can be done then! I've tried it and it does make sense now...

However it is remarkable that it is still not as easy as when done in Irfanview. In Irfanview you can choose the output directory as well and the converted files will be saved ther. With PI it seems that the originals are converted and, (given the task I was trying to perform), each would have had to been saved to the new directory individually!

Thanks for the pointer however. Ido like some feature of PI, and some of PSP, which is why I have both.

Any further suggestions as to how to perform this with PSP, if it can be done, are welcomed.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…