PSP Memory Card

rossgolf 21:26 01 Feb 08

just inserted it into the computer and its askin if i want to format it now. i dont want to, all i want to do is transfer some files and the other day it didnt ask for it to be formated

memory stick duo

rossgolf 12:44 03 Feb 08

any one?

peter99co 13:00 03 Feb 08

If you format it will it still work in PSP? If you format it you will remove any files that are on the PSP card. Were files on the Card when you last inserted it.How many times has the card been inserted? If I insert a card from my Camera I would not Format with PC I use the Camera to format.
You should be sure that Formatting is carried out if possible in the Device the card is to be used for. It is possible to delete files on a card if no longer required rather than formatting but take care with Format compatability between devices.

rossgolf 13:02 03 Feb 08

i dont want to format. i want to access my files on the pc so i can copy some files over to the memory card
formating it would loose all of my game data

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:04 03 Feb 08

File recovery From cfc msticks smartmedia etc.
Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here
Restor Pen Drives click here

peter99co 13:07 03 Feb 08

I suppose you should not choose to format and then you may then add to existing files if a choice is offered. Is this a standard procedure with PSP to use a PC to add files for PSP use?

peter99co 13:27 03 Feb 08

Is it possible to Backup your PSP card to the PC by copying to a folder,add your new games to the folder. Delete the content on the PSP card and then add the new folder content to the card. You will at least have a good Back-up of files and would be safe from losing your data.I tend to keep 3 copies of my important files.I save a Grandfather a Father and a Son copy. Any new copy becomes a son and the Granfather is deleted etc.

I sounds a bit over the top but is only for valuable files.

rossgolf 13:44 03 Feb 08

no i cant get into it
when ever i try and click anything like explore this drive etc it says it must be formated.
is there a program i could use to look at the contents?

peter99co 13:53 03 Feb 08

Do you go via My Computer and then right click on
card then click open? Or am I being a bit thick?

rossgolf 14:09 03 Feb 08

yes and i tried right clicking and pressing explore is well

peter99co 15:24 03 Feb 08

Does the card still work in the psp?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced